Re: A question about ssh-agent

Paul E Condon wrote:
> "debug1: Roaming not allowed by server"
>
> Then the process switches over to asking for a password, which I
> am trying to avoid.

On the server look in /var/log/auth.log and look at the messages
logged there from the sshd.  Do you see something such as:

  Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/pecondon/.ssh/authorized_keys

At the least hopefully there will be some useful message there.

I often will start up a debugging sshd and connect to it so that all of
the messages will be in the foreground.

Bob