Re: My network speed is only 10MB

On Sun, 05 Feb 2012 08:44:32 -0800, owens wrote:

(...)

> Are we in an "apples and oranges" debate here?  Camaleon continues to
> refer to FTTH for her examples which by nature are controlled by the
> PTTs or Telecommunications providers, while Stan and others use
> intra-data center and intra-LAN examples which are the purview of the
> owner of the facility.

I don't know what you think we are comparing :-)

My main point is that shielded LAN cables provide much better performance
in many environments and they are worth for buying at least for
business. And it's not just me who says so but other people and companies
in the know who also agree with this assertion. In fact, I don't have any
personal interest in shielded cables, by the way.

The fiber subject has been mentioned as a side theme.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón