Re: the disappear of taskbar ( was: system locks, was was: something weird)

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 02:43 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 21:11:16 +0800, lina wrote:
>>
>> > How could set the taskbar back,
>> >
>> > for everything. I used to have the taskbar at the top.
>>
>> Do you *ever* manage to do *anything* without a major disaster?
>>
>> It might be a good idea to give up Linux and take up basket weaving
>> instead. It clearly doesn't suit you.
>
> I won't read all digests. Did anybody already helped Lina?

Yeah, lots of people have given me very constructive suggestions.

It's been fixed. after enter from recovery mode, delete the
/home/lina/.cache/session/part.

> What desktop environment are you using Lina?
It's xfce4.

Thanks for asking.

> For Xfce you can lose the taskbar, aka panel, if you uncheck "save
> session for future logins" in the shutdown dialog.
>
> For Xfce run xfce-panel to get the panel back.
>
> Applications Menu > Settings > Setting Manager > Session and Startup >
> Application Autostart > Add (application) > Command /usr/bin/xfce-panel
> will start the panel even if you uncheck "save session for future
> logins".
>
> If you should use another DE, there will be something similar you can
> do.
>
> Hth,
> Ralf
Thanks,