Re: the disappear of taskbar ( was: system locks, was was: something weird)

On Sun, 2012-02-05 at 02:43 +0000, Walter Hurry wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 21:11:16 +0800, lina wrote:
>
> > How could set the taskbar back,
> >
> > for everything. I used to have the taskbar at the top.
>
> Do you *ever* manage to do *anything* without a major disaster?
>
> It might be a good idea to give up Linux and take up basket weaving
> instead. It clearly doesn't suit you.

I won't read all digests. Did anybody already helped Lina?

What desktop environment are you using Lina?

For Xfce you can lose the taskbar, aka panel, if you uncheck "save
session for future logins" in the shutdown dialog.

For Xfce run xfce-panel to get the panel back.

Applications Menu > Settings > Setting Manager > Session and Startup >
Application Autostart > Add (application) > Command /usr/bin/xfce-panel
will start the panel even if you uncheck "save session for future
logins".

If you should use another DE, there will be something similar you can
do.

Hth,
Ralf