Re: Regression when I try to get connected to a network server

Hello all,

On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 09:39:09PM +0100, th.lamotte wrote:
> About one week ago, I did an actualization with the actualization
> manager. Since then I got a regression with any connection to the
> network: any first attempts fail when using iceweasel, icedove, etc.
> I have to attempt them a few times to get finally connected to
> either a pop server, a web address, etc. This regression is now
> global on my system.
>
> I do not know where the weak package could be and how to track it.
> If you have any guess to help me, I would appreciate.

This sounds like the regression in the eglibc resolver code as
dealt with in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=658171 and

Try downgrading as mentioned in the first bugreport and see whether that
helps.

Cheers,
Flo