Re: Regression when I try to get connected to a network server

th.lamotte wrote:

> Since then I got a regression with any connection to the network:
> any first attempts fail when using iceweasel, icedove, etc.

How do you connect to the internet? Dial-up, or DSL? Is there a
router in between? Can you ping a computer on a local network?
Can you ping computers on the internet once you know their IP
number? What does the network-manager say? What is the output of
   sudo ifconfig
?

> I do not know where the weak package could be and how to track it.

apt keeps a log which packages it installed or removed. You can
access it via synaptic:

1) sudo synaptic
2) file -> history

If the number of files affected by the update was not too large,
you may be able to narrow in the search for the culprit.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@familieknaak.de