Re: Several errors on the start up

On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 20:34:54 +0300, Stayvoid wrote:

>> Kernel messages can be verbose but harmless.
> What is the cause of those messages?
> If those are harmless I also want to know how to disable them.

You just can't disable the warnings, this is controlled by the kernel.
Anyway, I wouldn't worry about that.

>> Upload the full "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" file and also "dmesg" so we can
>> check it.
> /var/log/Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/SYBHh7CZ
> dmesg: http://pastebin.com/X7rp3Amc

Thanks.

So you're using kernel 3.2 and nouveau driver.

>> What kind of VGA card do you have?
> nVidia GT216 [GeForce GT 330M] (rev a2)

I wonder if nuvó supports that card. You can test two different things
(they're mutually exclusive):

1/ Disable KMS (append "nouveau.modeset=0" to the kernel line of GRUB)
2/ Install nvidia closed source driver

If you don't want to use non-GPL drivers, open a bug report in
freedesktop so they can check what's going wrong with the card.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón