Re: System locks

On Saturday 04,February,2012 06:38 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Sat, 04 Feb 2012 18:00:52 +0800, lina wrote:

Hi,

Lina, next time try to choose a more descriptive subject :-)

Yes. ^_^

For everything the top taskbar was gone. Everything started with
mean bars.

After reboot twice, I can input. but the cursor still an empty rectangle.

before I did not change anything.

When I browsed some website,
  Just for a while.
I did not notice the screen.

The iceweasle moved over screen.  I can't clink the small, enlarge or
shutdown button

Neither can move it.  Same for the terminal.

(...)

When the system locks, try to login from ssh and see what happens. If you
can login normally, it can be X that crashes.

My Desktop a bit crashed due to last time update, it's unstable version. I have not tried to figure out what was going on, just put it aside for a while. so now I can't use ssh.

seems no need use ssh.

Also, review the logs for any insightful errors.

which logs should I focus on?

something about the screen move up?

thanks, it's so nice to have yours guys on list, otherwise I will freak out.

Greetings,