Re: Please assist.

2012-01-29 13:29, BETA BOOKSHOP & STATIONERS BETA BOOKSHOP skrev:
I have a problem with my printer(Gestetner Dsm 718) installation.I have
tried severally without and success.I have gone to
Administration>Printing>Locahost and tried to add a new printer from USB
serial but it has refused.I have felt defeat and want you to help in
retaining my hope.

(I guess from the above description that you are using gnome as your user interface on debian stable (version 6.something).)

I have been refused adding a printer, and the reason was that I was not a member of the lpadmin group.

Apart from that I have no advice, other than that if you describe what you mean by "I was refused" in more detail ("What was the exact eror message?", is the question), someone may recognize it and help you.

Also, I have (sometimes) had more luck using the webinterface, which you should find if you point your browser to <localhost:631>.

/ johan

How can I Install this.Since I have even tried it using a  Software
Disk  but still it refuses.
*Kind Regards,
Kagiri Daniel.*