Re: need information of laptops that can run debian well

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:09:26AM +0530, Harshad Joshi wrote:
> is there any wiki or list of laptops that are supported by debian 6?
>
> i saw that many laptops are having highly proprietary drivers even for the
> nic.

For IBM/Lenovo Thinkpads, there is http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

My brief research revealed that buying a Linux-certified laptop
(usually with a Linux distro installed) ended up costing
as much as a higher spec laptop. I opted for a higher spec,
and the drama and tears of compiling drivers+kernel to
support even the theoretically Linux-friendly Thinkpad T410.

--
Joel Roth