Re: Run in terminal from XFCE file browser?

On 26/01/12 21:05, Bob Proulx wrote:
In XFCE's Thunar file browser you can right click on a script and
execute it.  Fine.  Is there a way to run the script in a terminal
from the file browser?

Of course there is always Alt-F2, Select run in terminal, Run, but
that isn't associated with that particular file and so the user needs
to type in the full path to the file which isn't as convenient.
As already pointed by Ahton Thunar has 'custom actions' which are very powerful as they enable you to do do virtually 'anything' with files [1].

I have set up a custom action called "Run in Terminal" which uses the xfce4 terminal with the followinf command:

xfce4-terminal --command "%f" -T "%f" --working-directory %d --hold --hide-menubar --hide-toolbars

In the apparence conditions I have put *;.sh in the File Pattern and "Other Files"

I guess you can easily adapt this to your needs.

Hope this helps.
Ciao.
Lorenzo.

[1] http://thunar.xfce.org/pwiki/documentation/custom_actions