Re: wget and captcha puzzle !!!

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:58:58 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:21:45 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:

(...)

>> > If I visit the url
>> > http://192.168.1.108/captcha.phtml?r=003665dd765d04967a7e00071e6af4a1
>> > again and again; every time I get a new captcha. So when I submitting
>> > the captcha by wget; it is already changes to a new one !!!! How can
>> > I overcome this puzzle ? The form (through browser) gives a failure
>> > notice when captcha code doesn't match. Is it possible to collect the
>> > failure notice through wget somehow for debugging ?
>> >
>> > Please give me some clue. I just like my linux script do the login
>> > and activate internet. Thanks
>>
>> If the captcha code auto-reloads it could be due to a session tracking
>> cookie or some kind of time-based script in place. Not sure how to
>> bypass that, it will depend on how the page is coded :-?
>>
>> I would first try to keep all those wget steps in just one session by
>> capturing the cookie (if any) that stores the session ID.
>>

> Thanks for your suggestion. But I don't know if there is any cookie at
> all. I just observe through browser, If I visit the same link next time
> or refresh; I get a new captcha code. And the embedded captcha string
> also changes when open or reload the login form. So when I download the
> captcha, that very step also reload a new captcha. How can I know if
> there is any cookie responsible for that session ?

You have to read the html code of the page... and know how to interpret
it (you need to know some of the basics of html and javascript
language) :-)

Or you can load the page from firefox (or any other browser that can
display such information) right-click over it and choose "View page
information". If the site tries to set a cookie it will be listed under
"Security" tab.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón