Re: wget and captcha puzzle !!!

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:21:45 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 21:39:25 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
>
> > My internet provider provides an online form accessed by local IP (the
> > connection is based on eth); so that the subscriber can provide username
> > and password to activate the login; additionally it also has a captcha
> > as added security. I am trying to make a daemon which just do the login
> > and activate the connection.
>
> (...)
>
> > If I visit the url
> > http://192.168.1.108/captcha.phtml?r=003665dd765d04967a7e00071e6af4a1
> > again and again; every time I get a new captcha. So when I submitting
> > the captcha by wget; it is already changes to a new one !!!! How can I
> > overcome this puzzle ? The form (through browser) gives a failure notice
> > when captcha code doesn't match. Is it possible to collect the failure
> > notice through wget somehow for debugging ?
> >
> > Please give me some clue. I just like my linux script do the login and
> > activate internet. Thanks
>
> If the captcha code auto-reloads it could be due to a session tracking
> cookie or some kind of time-based script in place. Not sure how to bypass
> that, it will depend on how the page is coded :-?
>
> I would first try to keep all those wget steps in just one session by
> capturing the cookie (if any) that stores the session ID.
>
> Greetings,

Hello Camaleón,

Thanks for your suggestion. But I don't know if there is any cookie at all.
I just observe through browser, If I visit the same link next time or refresh;
I get a new captcha code. And the embedded captcha string also changes when
open or reload the login form. So when I download the captcha, that very step also
reload a new captcha. How can I know if there is any cookie responsible
for that session ?