Re: Libre OfficeWriter search order

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:18:21 +0000, richard wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:51:13 +0000 (UTC) Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com>
> wrote:

(...)

>> Try this:
>>
>> Go to "Tools / Options / LibreOffice / General" and check "[x] use
>> libreoffice prompts or dialogs", click "Accept/OK" and go to "File /
>> Open". Sort by the desired column and this setting will be kept for the
>> next time you open a file.
>>
>> (oink)
>>

> Many thanks, that's a pig to find.

:-)

What happens (the trick) is that you can use two kind of "file browsing"
layout styles: the one that comes with LO and your system's default.

If you use the GNOME or KDE dialog for open/search files within LO
programs you are stick at their defaults and at least in nautilus (the
gnome file browser) you can only sort -by default- by one field
(filename, size, type...) and the last option you have selected does not
remain after you close it.

Fortunately the LO file browse dialog allows this option and keeps the
column sorted by your last selection. To be sincere, I didn't know about
this feature of the LO file dialog, but I knew about the two styles and
at least one of them does it the way you need.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón