Re: problem: initscripts wants to deinstall several packages

See http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=633038.

> Of course, it is because of the dependencies. But I wonder, if this is a
> temporarily problem (because the package is too new)

Probably it's temporary, since the bug has already been fixed in unstable.

> or if there is a
> successor for klogd and sysklogd (which are dependencies to snort and
> logcheck).

Not directly a successor, but the default syslog daemon has been rsyslog
since the Lenny release¹.

Sven

¹ http://www.debian.org/releases/lenny/i386/release-notes/ch-whats-new.html#system-changes