Re: problem: initscripts wants to deinstall several packages

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 07:53:09PM +0100, Hans-J. Ullrich wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am wondering, why the package "initscripts" wants to delete klogd, logcheck,
> sysklogd and snort.
>
> Of course, it is because of the dependencies. But I wonder, if this is a
> temporarily problem (because the package is too new) or if there is a
> successor for klogd and sysklogd (which are dependencies to snort and
> logcheck).

Just temporary; sysklogd was still using /lib/init/rw rather than /run,
so we had to Break it to permit the removal of /lib/init/rw.  It's now
fixed though.  As others have said, it's been replaced by rsyslog in
any case.

Regards,
Roger

--