Re: POP3 in Debian

On 19/01/12 09:32, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
You could try with fetchmail, but I am not completely sure whether it can
store what it retrieves in a mbox or whether it only supports maildir.

Fairly sure fetchmail (et al) can inject mail to the local MDA, so where it ends up afterwards depends on how you've set up exim or an alternative.

I'd strongly recommend using something *other* than fetchmail: getmail or mpop are options.