Re: touchpad: multitouch stopped working (FIXED)

Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@web.de> writes:

> Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote, on 01/16/12 21:16:
> <snip>
>
>> Maybe this link is helpful: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics
>> see esp. the xinput command (package xinput).
>>
> There is also this debian wiki http://wiki.debian.org/SynapticsTouchpad but it
> misses e.g. a section about xinput. Maybe, someone (I? ;-) can contribute?
> <snip>

Playing with synclient and xinput I discovered that I could make it
register a button-2 press by adjusting the synclient parameters
EmulateTwoFingerMinZ and EmulateTwoFingerMinW.  I had not changed their
settings, so I assumed they were correct.  But in fact, setting them as
suggested in the web sites above seems to work.

Now I have two-finger scrolling and middle-clicking again!  I'm very
happy.  (Though I still don't know what changed to make it stop
working.)

Jörg-Volker, thanks for your help.

-David