Re: touchpad: multitouch stopped working

Jörg-Volker Peetz <jvpeetz@web.de> writes:

> Please, see comments below.

Thanks for the comments.

>> $ grep -iE '(synaptic|option)' /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> <snip>
>> [    29.560] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: buttons: left right

> ... With a working version the "buttons" line should contain "double".

With mine, it has always said only "left right".  But two-finger events
used to work anyway.

> The touchpad is recognized by the kernel. I'm to lazy to look up the meaning of
> the KEY and ABS lines. The KEY line starts with 6420 for three touchpads with
> working double finger scroll I looked up.
> Maybe this link is helpful: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Touchpad_Synaptics
> see esp. the xinput command (package xinput).

Thanks for that suggestion.  I was unfamiliar with xinput, which seems
to give a lot of information.  Not sure how it helps immediately, but if
I can downgrade and get it working again, maybe this will give a clue to
what changed.

It sounds like it's probably the synaptics driver that's at fault, so
maybe I can try to contact the developers for more advice.

-David