Re: hi, how to get more software from debian repo?

On 17/01/12 23:38, Shiyao.Ma wrote:
> On 2012/1/17 20:33, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>> On 17/01/12 23:15, Bijoy Lobo wrote:
>>> Tried Ubuntu Repos?

There's a few - best to look at the wiki.debian.org entry on pinning
before using any.

http://wiki.debian.org/UnofficialRepositories
http://www.apt-get.org

And many others.
As Dotan has already advised - best *not* to add Ubuntu to sources.list.
Both the applications you have on your wish list will pull in a lot of
dependencies.

In this instance you're probably best to just pull down the tar.gzand
use checkinstall to make a .deb
http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-download.html
(I'd test them in a VirtualBox machine IIWU)

The usual Debian guarantee applies - if it breaks you get to keep both
pieces.

>> It's just called eric, and it's in the main repositories.
>> # apt-get install eric
>>
>> aptana3 ...
>>
>> Not that I'm aware of.

>> Cheers
> Eirc5 is for python3 and eric is for python2. They are not the same.

Sorry. You'll have to wait a little while then:-
http://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/eric-ide/