Re: hi, how to get more software from debian repo?

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 05:09, Scott Ferguson
<prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> wrote:

> As Dotan has already advised - best *not* to add Ubuntu to sources.list.
> Both the applications you have on your wish list will pull in a lot of
> dependencies.

A couple of years back, I had X and most of Gnome/GTK from Ubuntu
installed on my Debian system. Nowadays, that system is pure Debian...
But it isn't for the faint of heart, or those that are not *very*
comfortable with dpkg/apt/aptitude

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers