Re: rsync exclusions

On Seg, 16 Jan 2012, Joao Ferreira Gmail wrote:

On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 10:19 +0000, Sharon Kimble wrote:
I'm just fine tuning my rsync exclusion file which is called perfectly
okay and works well, but now \i want to add these lines to it;-

-/icedove/nipl*
-/gnash/*
-/mozilla/firefox/*
-/opera/*

Will they work with wildcards like that please to exclude the whole of
the program and cache?

You just need to try :) But yes, the existing documentation is not the
most easy to read... I had that same problem once...

Indeed. And you can use the -n option to see what would be done, but not actually do it.

--
A little suffering is good for the soul.
		-- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br