Re: rsync exclusions

> I'm just fine tuning my rsync exclusion file which is called perfectly
> okay and works well, but now \i want to add these lines to it;-
>
> -/icedove/nipl*
> -/gnash/*
> -/mozilla/firefox/*
> -/opera/*
>
> Will they work with wildcards like that please to exclude the whole of
> the program and cache?

I do not use those programs, so I couldn't say if that would exclude _all_
their related file. However, like this you would definitely not exclude the
personal settings found in ~/.<dirname> ans ~/..<filename>

> If not, how do I do it please? I've found several sites on the
> internet to explain it but I dont understand what they're saying.

Well, for starters I'd recommend reading man rsync and especially the section
on filter rules. Then you would have known that a single space between the rule
(and optionally modifier) and the pattern is required.

Grx HdV