Re: editing pdf files

"John A. Sullivan III" <jsullivan@opensourcedevel.com> wrote:
>1) OpenOffice PDF plugin - probably the best potential but it still
>sometimes chokes on some PDFs or mangles the formatting badly.
>2) Xournal - good and simple if you only want to add text but nothing
>beyond that.
>3) GIMP - extremely powerful and consequently complicated and it can
>only edit a page at a time.
>4) Inkscape or Scribus - powerful and consequently complicated, can only
>edit a page at a time (not sure about that for Scribus), crashes
>frequently and sometimes completely chokes on the PDF.
>5) pdfeditor - potentially the most powerful of the options but still
>limited, difficult to use, and immature.

I would also suggest having a look at PDF XViewer, a Windows freeware
tool that runs rather fine in wine. Much better than anything I’ve
used before.
Why did the Roman Empire collapse?  What is the Latin for office
automation? Please use GPG: ECB0C2C7 4A4C4046 446ADF86 C08112E5
D72CDBA4 http://chubig.net/ http://nightfall.org