SOLVED! Samba clients refuse to connect to old win98 server even though "client lanman auth = yes" is set

Hi,

I had a problem with printing at work, where the printer is connected to old Win98 machine working as a print server.
Even though I set "client lanman auth = yes" option in /etc/samba/smb.conf I got the "Tree connect failed (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)" status in the cups,
and when I tried to check the server with smbclient, I got the following messages:

$ smbclient -L MY_SERVER -U USER
Enter USER's password:
Server requested LANMAN password (share-level security) but 'client lanman auth = no' or 'client ntlmv2 auth = yes'

It appeared, that now it is necessary to set BOTH options:
client lanman auth = yes
client ntlmv2 auth = no
in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file to be able to connect to those old servers.

--
HTH & Regards,

Wojciech Zabołotny/

/