Re: Laptop fan doesn't stop

amt worte:
>Output of  lsmod |grep -E 'cpufreq|powernow' is:
>

>acpi_cpufreq            5571  1
>cpufreq_powersave        902  0
>cpufreq_conservative     5162  0
>cpufreq_userspace       1992  0
>cpufreq_stats           2740  0
>processor              29935  3 acpi_cpufreq
>
>Unfortunately I am very confused.
>
>I have googled a lot but found nothing that can help me. I also read
>the man pages but no luck. So, don't get me wrong. I am not lazy. If
>someone can post a detailed guide  or write the steps I need to do I
>would be very grateful. I don't want to fry my laptop so that's why I
>am here asking for help.
>
>It's been 12 hours of uptime@ laptop and the fan is working like I
>would have a datacenter in my room.

Amt, please do not write to me directly - the mail list will be out of
our discussion - and You will suffer from this the most.

I do not advice You to do any terrible thing w/ Your laptop - adding
few lines to modules file and then removing it if necessary - is not a
big deal, nor will fry Your laptop.

We are just trying to find a solution for You - long time ago I fought
same problem and conquered it. Since that I had no problem w/ my fan.
But I do not remember all I did to solve it - therefore, I can not
provide for You a guide You are looking for. But such a situation has
another benefit - You, looking for something find other interesting
things that may help You in the future, so I suggest appreciate it too.

So, I advice You again to try to add those modules, - at least I did
not see the the powernow one. Here is mine output:

powernow_k8            17574  1
mperf                  12453  1 powernow_k8
cpufreq_userspace      12576  0
cpufreq_stats          12866  0
cpufreq_conservative    13147  0
cpufreq_powersave      12454  0
processor              27949  1 powernow_k8

Try to make Yours same w/ mine. Reboot - to be sure all worked as it
should, then write back.

Sthu.