Re: Which development and image libraries needed to build emacs-24

Chris Davies <chris-usenet@roaima.co.uk> writes:

[...]

> Very strange. I get 2,660,000 results, and the second is the one to
> which I was referring: package libgtk2.0-dev. (Did you perhaps include
> the quote marks? I didn't.)

Yes with the quotes.  I assumed that was your intent.

>>> It didn't seem to be particularly hard to follow the motif and find
>>> development package suggestions for at least some of these.
>
>> I don't understand you here either ...  motif?

> Theme. (Perhaps motif was a bad choice of word given the context.)

> libtiff-dev or libtiff4-dev
> libopenjpeg-dev or libjpeg62-dev or libjpeg8-dev

Thanks again.  In spite of my wooden headedness your clues solved the
problem as I reported in my first reply.

These again are plenty to solve further possible problems.  Very
helpful.

The last problem I reported:

,----
`----

> Looking at that area of the file, I don't really see which `;' is out
> of place.

Was solved by further activities of emacs developers, and an update of
my bzr copy has removed that as well, so now compiling trouble free.