Re: Ufter upgrade Debian SID something wrong with sound - PulseAudio

Hi Scott,

Scott Ferguson <prettyfly.productions@gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/01/12 07:28, Csanyi Pal wrote:

> As I don't run WM, Gnome or SID what works for my might not be useful to
> you.
>
> I have found the first link below very useful, the second[*1] might be
> of interest to you also:-
> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup

I have these setup in my ~/.asoundrc
pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}

ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}

pcm.!default {
    type pulse
}

ctl.!default {
    type pulse
}

> As a general test:-
> aplay /usr/share/skype/sounds/SkypeLogout.wav (because I once spent
> hours discovering I didn't have the headset speaker plugged in)

aplay /usr/share/skype/sounds/SkypeLogout.wav
gives me the sound that I can hear.

But when start Skype then this sound is so quiet that I can hear it
barely.

So I increase the PulseAudio volume to heare it regularly then one of
the WMaker's application, the fookb-wmaker - An Xkb state indicator --
WindowMaker version

become so loud that it's unendurable;
When I switch to another keyboard layout it play a sound with:

aplay /usr/share/fookb/beep_spring.au
Playing Sparc Audio '/usr/share/fookb/beep_spring.au' : Mu-Law, Rate
8000 Hz, Mono

I have one more problem related to sound.
When I play a sound with the command:

aplay /debian-adatok-1/Hangok/Szervusz/Szervusz.ogg
Playing raw data '/debian-adatok-1/Hangok/Szervusz/Szervusz.ogg' :
Unsigned 8 bit, Rate 8000 Hz, Mono

then I heare not the sound but a noise.
But when I play the sound with:

aplay /debian-adatok-1/Hangok/Szervusz/Szervusz.wav
Playing WAVE '/debian-adatok-1/Hangok/Szervusz/Szervusz.wav' : Signed 16
bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo

then I can hear the sound properly.

What are these problems and how can I solve those?

--
Regards from Pal