Re: resolving dependencies in aptitude

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 02:02:30PM +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> Painfully aware.  I fled to xfce.  I may go back when it stabilizes.  In
> the meantime, it's getting in the way of smooth upgrades.  I guess I
> could uninstall gnome, but that seems drastic.

Hey, same here ... a refugeee user of xfce.

uninstalling gnome is becoming almost ritural for me for major upgrade.
Done that for several releases.  Aptitude makes it very easy.

Here is what you do with aptitude.
/^gnome$

Now you see gnome package.

Down to Depends and Recommends.
Press m to killl "A" markings for each.

Now you can remove gnome without having major issue.  Remove package as
you need.

Cheers,

Osamu