Re: Best remote control software

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 16:33:33 +1000, yudi v wrote:

> Currently I am using x11vnc as the server on Debian and tightvnc viewer
> on Windows 7.
>
> Both machines are connected via LAN cable and are only meters apart.
> Debian is installed on a 12' laptop and windows 7 on a desktop with dual
> screens, I wanted to see if I can use VNC to access Debian on win7
> machine. It works but the performance using the above applications is
> not that good. There's lag and the display output is not as clear as
> expected.
>
> I was just wondering what is the best software solution available.
> Otherwise I might invest in a KVM switch.

I don't know whether this will help, but in case it does:

I do it the other way around: I can control my son's Windoze 7 PC (in his
bedroom upstairs) when he needs something sorted out, from my Linux
laptop using TightVNC as the server on my son's box and Remmina as the
client on mine.

TightVNC viewer works too, but I preferred Remmina. Quality and
performance are fine. The link is wireless (we share a common wireless
router). We both have static IP addresses on the home LAN.