Re: qemu KVM: can't boot a qemu machine with liveCD (system rescue)

On 03/01/12 21:09, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is no special forum/mailinglist existing for qemu-KVM, right?

Yes there is - qemu-KVM is supported under the excellent qemu mailing list:-
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/qemu-discuss

Maybe you were confusing it with the KVM lists:-
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Lists%2C_IRC

> My problem is: I can't boot a qemu machine with liveCD (system rescue)

<snipped because I'm unable to help you>

> root@squeeze64:~# virsh start suse111
> error: failed to get domain 'suse111'
> error: Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'suse111'
>
> BTW: I did /etc/init.d/libvirt-bin stop -> start before, of course.
>
> Mount of /dev/sr0 or /dev/cdrom to /mnt works, the CD is present
> and is readable.
>
> How can I boot a qemu machine with liveCD (system rescue)?
> Why? -> because of kernel panic
>
> Please help!
>
> Are there other possibilities to boot a qemu-KVM machine by a liveCD?
>
> thx
> Ekkard

Cheers