qemu KVM: can't boot a qemu machine with liveCD (system rescue)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: qemu KVM: can't boot a qemu machine with liveCD (system rescue)
- From: Ekkard Gerlach <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 11:09:06 +0100
- Message-id: <20120103100906.GB22213@rex4>
there is no special forum/mailinglist existing for qemu-KVM, right?
My problem is: I can't boot a qemu machine with liveCD (system rescue)
<type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-0.12'>hvm</type>
into xml-File but the appearing menu at boot time:
Press F12 for boot menu. (I pressed F12)
Select boot device:
1. Legacy option rom
2. Legacy option rom (indeed, same line two times)
3. CD-ROM [ata1-0: QEMU DVD-ROM ATAPI-4 CD-Rom/DVD-Rom]
4. virtio-net.zrom 5.4.4. (GPL) ether
But 3. is NOT booting from CD! 1. and 2. not either. But grub is booting with 3.
CD-ROM is ignored. Why?
Using sr0 instead of cdrom results in:
root@squeeze64:~# virsh start suse111
error: failed to get domain 'suse111'
error: Domain not found: no domain with matching name 'suse111'
BTW: I did /etc/init.d/libvirt-bin stop -> start before, of course.
Mount of /dev/sr0 or /dev/cdrom to /mnt works, the CD is present
and is readable.
How can I boot a qemu machine with liveCD (system rescue)?
Why? -> because of kernel panic
Are there other possibilities to boot a qemu-KVM machine by a liveCD?