Re: xfce4

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:58:58 -0600
Kjetil brinchmann Halvorsen <kjetil1001@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hola!
>
> I am among those running over from gnome3 to xfce.
> Mostly everything works (better than) in gnome, but two Qs:
>
> 1) How to define multiple keyboard layout (I need to switch between
> english, spanish and norwegian). In the settings menu, there is a
> keyboard item,

I just do it in /etc/default/keyboard (This is in Squeeze - the proper
file has changed during the course of Debian / linux development).

You want lines like:

XKBLAYOUT="us,xx,xx"
XKBOPTIONS="grp:alt_shift_toggle,ctrl:swapcaps"

['swapcaps' has nothing to do with your question, but you probably want
it, even if you don't know that you do ;)]

Celejar <celejar@gmail.com>