Re: where to get patched older kernel for example 2.6.39

On 5 December 2011 23:43, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
>> If you want to run the older series of kernel but with security
>> patches applied then perhaps the best source would be a distro kernel
>> such as the Debian Squeeze Linux kernel 2.6.39.  It contains all of
>
> Oops, 2.6.39 isn't the squeeze kernel.  That is from backports.  The
> squeeze kernel is 2.6.32.

 squeeze stock kernel is a little bit too old for me
because I run some pretty new hardware like i7-2600k, etc. but using
something like 3.** which introduces features I don't need sounds like
not a good idea for my setup.

Thank you for the pointer, I'll check the debian source.

Jim