Re: gnome 3 refugee: new kernel loses keyboard and mouse.

Only try this if your keyboard is a usb keyboard.  If you do it with a
ps/2 keyboard you'll probably have to buy a new motherboard after the
people with those trucks that have lots of water visit you and put your
computer out.  pull the usb keyboard connection out of the machine before
entering your password then reinsert the connector.  If you're very lucky,
the kernel will detect your keyboard and allow you to attempt to log in.On
Mon, 5 Dec 2011, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 16:23:09 +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> >> Do you know what display manager you have?
> >
> > I believe it's gdm.  how can I tell for sure?
>
> In the bootup messages it's pretty clear I'm using kdm.  So current kdm
> is incompatible with current kernel in testing.  Previous kernel works,
> though.
>
> -- hendrik
>

> > And I should have mentioned the hardware I'm using.  It's an Asus eeepc
> >  1000H -- the first eeepc that was fully compatible with free software.
> >
> > -- hendrik

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>