Re: Release file expired

Brian wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Instead of the really generic ftp.debian.org use a country specific
> > mirror.  That should solve your problem and also speed up your
> > connection.  For example I use ftp.us.debian.org.  Here is a list.
>
> I don't know what 'generic' means ...

In this context I intended generic to mean plain, bland, nonspecific,
uncharacterized, or maybe undifferentiated.  Lacking a great word I
just said generic.  It isn't country specific.  It could be anywhere
in the world with a name like that.  If it can be anywhere then
Murphy's Law says that it will be located in the worst place for you
to use.

> but, although it is from a couple of
> years ago, some advice on using ftp.debian.org is at
>
>    http://wiki.debian.org/ftp.debian.org

Good advice!

Bob