Re (4): Using a Fire-i camera

From:	Camaleon <noelamac@gmail.com>
Date:	Mon, 14 Nov 2011 15:39:03 +0000 (UTC)
> Anyway, Coriander expects a "/dev/raw1394" device, do you already have
> that?

According to https://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/ juju doesn't use /dev/raw1394.
peter@joule:~$ ls /dev/raw*
ls: cannot access /dev/raw*: No such file or directory
peter@joule:~$ ls /dev/fw*
/dev/fw0  /dev/fw1

> (software ??' software and not hardware ??'
> software which seems to be your case) :-?

Coriander gives the live image from the camera.  My interpretation
was that juju replaced /dev/raw1394 with /dev/fw0 and that
Coriander takes /dev/fw0 as input and that vloopback creates
/dev/fw1 and that another application should be able to use
/dev/fw1.

> https://ieee1394.wiki.kernel.org/articles/i/n/t/Introduction.html

I'll have to read further and check installed packages again.
Juju might not be working properly here.

Thanks for the feedback,          ... Peter E.

--
New telephone 1 360 639 0202.  Old telephone 1 360 450 2132.
bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca
Work "http://carnot.yi.org/";.
"http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/index.html#Itinerary";.