Re: job in crontab not running

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:44, Adam Mercer <ramercer@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You can append "2>&1 >> /var/log/nightly-git.log" to get the output
>> logged to a file.
>
> That's I'll see if that gives any more information.

I created another entry in the crontab with the logging enabled for a
few minutes in the future and watched the output of syslog. At the
time the job was supposed to the the following entry was in the log:

Nov  8 10:48:01 bull /usr/sbin/cron[1123]: (laltest) ORPHAN (no passwd entry)

from this I was able to determine that NSCD wasn't running, restarting
this allowed jobs to run successfully!

Thanks for the help!

Cheers

Adam