[OT] Why not gnome3 (with gnome-shell)?

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 10:19 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> Walter Hurry wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:27:01 -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
>>
>>> GNOME Shell is the defining technology of the GNOME 3 user experience.
>>
>> That's exactly the problem, and precisely why I have moved on to LXDE.
>>

> Well, for years I have been using FVWM. It does everything one could
> possibly want, except not quite what Compiz does for eyecandy. That was the
> reason I moved to Gnome. Will try LXDE and XFCE4, I guess.
Hi,

Currently I'm using (as second main desktop, first is awesome ;) )
gnome3. I can read a lot of criticism about it

What don't you like ing GNOME 3 - GNOME - Shell?

I only see two things, but people sure see many more (many people tell
about don't like the change):

- It seems like it is not very configurable via GUI without installing
any other tool which help with
- Shutdown option is not appearing in menu (only when you type ALT
(gnome developers should think we are not seers (where more in gnome
ALT (without any combo) is used?) you can see that hide option, if not
you will see only suspend option)

So, why people is hungry with it ?

Thanks for your opinion!
PD: I think it run fine in relatively old computers (but maybe that is
another issue, I don't know)