Re: Preseeded installation with non-standard locale

>> The script /usr/bin/localechooser will disect the preseeded locale
>> and look up the language ("de") in the file
>> /usr/share/localechooser/languagelist.
>
> What is /usr/bin/localechooser?  It does not seem to exist on the
> system.  You can search the Debian package database here:
>
>   http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=%2Fusr%2Fbin%2Flocalechooser&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
>
> Note that it doesn't find any references for it.  You must have
> installed it from someplace else.

It's from the debian-installer (i.e. it's on the CDs for example).

> I think you have been diverted from the primary problem.  You won't
> need most of the above.  Try reverting to the very simple settings:
>
>   d-i debian-installer/locale string de_DE@euro
>   d-i debian-installer/keymap string de
>
> What does not seem to be working for you?

I have tried an installation with just the two lines provided by you:
Please see the log-output during installation in a vm here:
<http://i.imgur.com/UWIJ8.png>; please note the localechooser at first
notices the preseeded locale, spits out "line=..." and after that
switches to "de_DE.UTF-8". The locale after booting the freshly
installed system was "de_DE.UTF-8".

I have to mention that this is still lenny. Perhaps there are old bugs?

Regards,
--
Philipp Tölke