Fwd: Network Connection issue

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Victor Nitu <victor@debian-linux.ro>
Date: Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: Network Connection issue
To: John Foster <jfoster81747@gmail.com>

On 11/04/2011 02:53 PM, John Foster wrote:
The sections below are as you requested; I do only have the one card installed.
thanks!
frosty

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
allow-hotplug eth1

this email and add the output of
        ifconfig -a
there, as well. It's a good chance someone can be faster and/or give you a
better reply than mine, so let's not defeat the sole purpose of the list: keeping
discussions public, so others can benefit from the good advices, too.

Regards,
Victor
Sorry I,m using the gmail internet interface & am not used to it.
I also am including the output below. It seems the correct driver is being loaded & I changed the etc/network interfaces to this now. It is the factory setup for a single card.lspci |grep Ethernet stayed the same after I rebooted the system. I also did dmesg |grep Ethernet & got the results below:

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface lo inet loopback
me@mysystem: /home/myname# dmesg | grep Ethernet
[       1.693796] r8169 Gigabit Ethernet driver 2.3LK-NAPI loaded
[      15.147275] Bluetooth: BNP (Ethernet Emulation)  ver  1.3