Re: Menu editing on Gnome 3

On 01/11/11 10:37, Camaleón wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 05:50:21 +0000, Alan Chandler wrote:

Anyone any idea how to edit the applications menu in Gnome3.  I have
KDiff3 in the "Other" menu and I can't figure out how to move it.

GNOME3 or gnome-shell?

I don't really know which is which. This is the NEW GNOME3 desktop, with the Full Application Menu covering almost the whole screen. You can filter into the old menu sections from a bar on the right

I presume that means it is the gnome-shell - its what I got when my Gnome got updated.

In general I am liking the new shell, in particular the fact that my second screen workspace remains in place when I switch workspaces on my primary screen - I just wish it wouldn't shrink those windows as well when I go to the top left hand corner

The OLD menu editor appears to show things as laid but refuses to work other than to allow you to add items (and it chooses where to put them)

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk