Re: [Semi-OT] Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:17:01 -0400, Tom H wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

(...)

>>> This script and the BTS aren;t tied in to the box from which you
>>> report a script. As long as you have a Debian or Ubuntu or other
>>> Debian derivative box with devscripts installed, you should be able to
>>> auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported.
>

>> As I read it, the script is basically a loop that retrieves the bug
>> number for all the bugs that have been sent by the reporter and sends
>> subcription e-mails to the BTS robot... but you still have to manually
>> reply to the incoming confirmation e-mails, right? And this is when the
>> Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle.
>
> I don't remember the procmail reference but I'll trust you

Never trust anyone, human people have many bugs and fail :-)

The proposed procmail recipe is available here:

http://git.madduck.net/v/etc/mailfilter.git?a=blob;f=procmail/rules/debian-debbugs-autosubscribe;hb=HEAD

> (I looked at the page for a few seconds at most (!) so I could easily have
> misread/misunderstood. You certainly have to reconfirm your subscription
> manually or otherwise...

Yes, and that's an overwhelming task if it has to be done manually.

>> It can be useful for mass-susbcriptions and mass-confirmation (when
>> used alongside Procmail or a similar filter to do the job) but is still
>> too much work -IMO- for bug reporters that are not using such mailing
>> schema.
>
> I couldn't agree more but if the BTS developers want it this way, there
> isn't another option...

Sadly yes, that's what we have now. And it's not only the BTS infrastructure,
people who help with Debian translation have to use a system that is almost
100% manually handled.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón