Re: [Semi-OT] Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:53:47 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:35:29 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>>>
>>> (...)

>>> If I have correctly read the script, it can be fine for users using
>>> procmail, is that right?
>>>
>>> If yes, I'm not such user, I use Mutt and my Gmail IMAP account and
>>> from time to time, I use reportbug and even another computers which do
>>> not run Debian... so I'm afraid the workaround won't be of any help in
>>> my case :-(
>>
>> I haven't kept the script but I remember a loop with a "sendmail -f
>> ...". You can substitute whatever command is equivalent on your box.
>
> Yep, I suppose that command could be replaced by invoking "mutt", instead.
>
>> This script and the BTS aren;t tied in to the box from which you report
>> a script. As long as you have a Debian or Ubuntu or other Debian
>> derivative box with devscripts installed, you should be able to
>> auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported.

> As I read it, the script is basically a loop that retrieves the bug
> number for all the bugs that have been sent by the reporter and sends
> subcription e-mails to the BTS robot... but you still have to manually
> reply to the incoming confirmation e-mails, right? And this is when the
> Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle.

I don't remember the procmail reference but I'll trust you (I looked
at the page for a few seconds at most (!) so I could easily have
misread/misunderstood. You certainly have to reconfirm your
subscription manually or otherwise...

> It can be useful for mass-susbcriptions and mass-confirmation (when used
> alongside Procmail or a similar filter to do the job) but is still too
> much work -IMO- for bug reporters that are not using such mailing schema.

I couldn't agree more but if the BTS developers want it this way,
there isn't another option...