Re: OT: Camaleón

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 13:44:21 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:

> On 07/03/2011 07:46 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> "Camaleón" is a sort of nickname I chose long time ago because of the
>> openSUSE mascot (Geeko). It translates as "Chameleon" in English.
>
> Actually gecko and chameleon are different varieties of lizards.  Both
> words are used in English and don't translate to each other.

I did not say "gecko" but "Geeko" (also note the uppercase) ;-).

Geeko is the name of the openSUSE mascot and it has been discussed many
times within the openSUSE community if Geeko is indeed a chameleon or any
sort of lizard.

It finally seems to be a "veiled chameleon" or that's the main
consensus :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón