Re: Can't run apps as root in KDE

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 10:57:15AM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
> I only have 2 users in my debian box: me and root.

You can create new account from GUI, too.

> When I need to test if there is a configuration issue with the browser
> (or my Gnome profile), I launch it as root because it has an almost empty
> firefox profile.
>
> And it is also understandable that new users prefer to edit some files
> with Kwrite or Gedit instead by using another command line tools, though
> not a perfect way to make things. New users will learn this in their way
> to linux...

Goof to hear, it is purely for testing.  maybe I was worried too much.

But, if so, why not create an dummy user account?  And use it for
testing.  It is a very good way to test upgrade issues with local
configuration data.  By using dummy account, removing it is very easy
and will not cause lasting issues for your root account.

Good luck,

Osamu