Re: mounting multipath volumes with /etc/fstab

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Gilles Mocellin
<gilles.mocellin@free.fr> wrote:

>> Anyone could confirm or maybe recommend any solution to e.g. postpone
>> mounting until multipath gets loaded?
>> Or may be solution I chose ("manually" mounting via /etc/rc.local) is
>> just right?
> The other solution is by installing the multipath-tools-boot package,
> which activate all multupathing stuff in initramfs (beware to regenarate
> it if you modifiy your /etc/multipath.conf file).

I tried this but ran into troubles at initrd level

When booting after installing multipath-tools-boot i get something like:

mount: Mounting /dev/sda1 on /root failed: Device or resource busy

I don't know if this is the issue but before this event there is:

Failure: failed to load module dm-emc

I think there might be something wrong with multipath-tools-boot
package, because it doesn't work even though I didn't mess with it at
all - just installed and rebooted.