Re: Squeeze. After Trinity istall no boot background picture

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 10:03 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> (...)
>>>
>>> You can get it from here:
>>>
>>> http://svn.debianart.org/themes/spacefun/
>>>

>> Thank you for an advice!
>> You are always here, Camaleón, and ready to help, that very supportive.
>
> :-)
>
>> offtopic---
>>
>> As a matter of fact, I killed my Debian installation.
>
> Oh, my... what happened?
>
>> The way it happend was simple, I have installed "trinity" with trivial
>> command # apt-get install desktop-base-trinity kde-trinity, so, as it
>> seems to me, it may be uninstalled with adequate and predictable
>> command. Obviously, my opinion about what "install/uninstall" command
>> means, does not comply with sharp and strict vision of such processes
>> of "trinity" creators.
>
> May I ask why did you want to remove Trinity packages? :-?

Years before I've used to be a KDE 3 user. KDE 4 experiments are not
in my favorites, so after couple of years with Debian GNOME (Lenny
mostly), I have decided to check out Trinity Project.
Well, have no intention to point a finger on somebody or something
alike but TP seems to be far from that clean and working DE I do
remember as KDE 3.

>> Yes, of course, my knowledge of linux systems is very basic and it is
>> the only reason I have no power to resurrect the system in its glory,
>> which is, of course, possible for an any advanced padawan.
>
> Trinity has its own mailing list. Maybe, before making any undesiderable
> movement, you should have asked there. Anyway, I also find difficult to
> play with several desktops (I mean, removing a whole DE is not always as
> easy as installing it) :-/

Have done something already. Have uncommented CD-ROM and took
something from there (iwconfig still does not works with WPA key
passphrase?). Now reinstalling GNOME (as I like to think), thank god a
network is up. That goes slowly, about 10 kb/s. Probably, because of
New Release event.

Just another heroical battle with own stupidity and self-created problems.

--
Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein