Re: USB3.0 problem: xhci_hcd not found

> Something I was reading in your posts started me thinking that maybe in
> your hast you started adding more usb software thinking that you may
> accidentally solve the problem, so could the problem be too much
> software has been installed?

No, the only thing I've installed in connection with the usb issue was
the linux-firmware-free package, which you recommended. It helped then,
somewhat partly, but now I see that the port doesn't work again. During
this session when I connect a flash memory to the port, dmesg gives the
following:

[ 7974.584256] xhci_hcd 0000:04:00.0: Timeout while waiting for a slot
[ 7974.584264] hub 2-0:1.0: couldn't allocate port 2 usb_device
[ 7974.584277] hub 2-0:1.0: cannot disable port 2 (err = -32)

I'm completely puzzled. The slot seams to work at random. The other
annoying messages are still there though, throughout all the session.