Re: USB3.0 problem: xhci_hcd not found

Dnia Tue, 01 Feb 2011 13:00:01 +0100, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
napisał(a):

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Camaleón wrote:
>> You mean the message about a connected device when there is none
>> attached to any of the USB ports? Yep, that seems to be common:
>>
>> sm01@stt008:~$ dmesg | grep -i new | tail -5 [   10.588574] usb usb7:
>> New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0001 [   10.615825] usb
>> usb7: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1 [
>> 10.751925] ehci_hcd 0000:00:1d.7: new USB bus registered, assigned bus
>> number 8 [   10.991769] usb usb8: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b,
>> idProduct=0002 [   11.003876] usb usb8: New USB device strings: Mfr=3,
>> Product=2, SerialNumber=1
>
> The above messages are about the USB root hub.
>
> https://usb-ids.gowdy.us/read/UD/1d6b
>
> If they're showing up all the time *repeatedly* and not just once at
> module load time, file a bug against the kernel.
>
> --
>   "One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
>   them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
>   the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot Henrique Holschuh

You mean my messages or Cameleón's? The ones you quoted aren't mine. But
mine are related to the hub (i guess) and they are showing up all the time
repeatedly. Should I file a bug report to the Debian maintainer or to the
linux kernel team?

Regards,
KB